Postal History of the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939.

The current Bulletin plus the three preceding issues.

Postal History of the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939.

Postby ValentineK » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:45 am

Can anyone guide me to publications on the Postal history of the Spanish Civil War, stamps, labels, articles, books etc?
I have just acquired a collection of censored Spanish covers. Most of them are WWII. But a few are from the Civil War in the previous few years. I understand that during this time other postal agencies censored the mail and issued stamps to fund the War. Many covers carry slogans....Arriba Espana, Viva Franco etc.
I have not tackled the postal history of Spain before, but I can read Spanish. Any guidance to to sort things out would be appreciated.
This is my first Posting on our Forum. I am now going to tackle what we have lodged with the Royal Philatelic Society.
Thanks, Keith Valentine
ValentineK

Re: Postal History of the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939.

Postby LuzA » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:54 am

Good evening,

Here you have four books about the Spanish civil war:

- APPOLARO, Gérard (1985).Histoire Postale de la Guerre Civile d'Espagne (Secteur Républican). Philoffset Editions. (French language).

- APPOLARO, Gérard (1988).Histoire Postale de la Guerre Civile d'Espagne (Secteur Républican) Compléments 1987/88. Philoffset Editions. (French language).

- GÓMEZ-GUILLAMÓN, Félix (2003). El Correo Aéreo en la Guerra Civil Española Zona Nacional (1936-1939). Madrid-Barcelona: Edifil. S.A. (Spanish language).

- GÓMEZ-GUILLAMÓN, Félix (2007). El Correo Aéreo en la Guerra Civil Española Zona Republicana (1936-1939). Madrid-Barcelona: Edifil. S.A. (Spanish language)

There are more authors with books and studies about these matters... Gérard Appolaro for the Secteur Nationaliste, M. Colas, Ronald G. Shelley, José María Ortuondo, Francisco Aracil, Alejandro Abadía París, Josean Arbizu, Ernst L. Heller, etc, etc.
LuzA
Postal history and philatelic literature
LuzA

Return to Recent Bulletins